Divorce Modification and Contempts

Quincy Divorce Modification Lawyer

Things do not always go according to plan. Even if you came up with a divorce settlement that worked at the time, as your family grows and changes, it may no longer accurately reflect your needs. Luckily, there are things you can do to make sure your rights are protected and your family is taken care of properly.

At the law offices of Diane M. Shields, our Quincy divorce modification attorney, Diane Shields, has been helping people find solutions for their post-divorce settlement for decades. Whether you are involved in a contempt dispute by trying to enforce the terms of your divorce or you want to modify the terms of your divorce, Diane will help you explore your options and advocate for your best interests. Contact her today to discuss your concerns and needs during a free initial consultation.

Norfolk County Divorce Contempt Order Attorneys Fighting for Our Clients’ Futures

Taking the time to listen to your concerns and answer your questions regarding your individual situation, our team will assess your needs. Whether for a modification of your divorce judgment or contempt action to enforce the terms of your divorce judgment, our team can assist you. Our firm will aggressively pursue your interests. Taking advantage of every settlement opportunity, Diane are not afraid to take your case to court and fight to protect your rights, no matter what kind of post-divorce dispute you may be involved in:

Modifications: If there has been a significant change to your financial situation or that of your former spouse, you can modify your divorce settlement, accordingly. Job loss, remarriage, an increase or decrease in salary can all be reasons to modify your divorce judgment. If there is a material change in your circumstances that has occurred subsequent to your divorce being granted, Diane can pursue your interests by filing for a modification with the court.

Contempt: When one person does not live up to his or her responsibilities, your entire family feels the effects. Our lawyers can help you take legal action to enforce the terms of your divorce judgment by filing a complaint for contempt with the court. In many situations, the party that has not complied with the terms of the divorce judgment will have to pay all attorney fees incurred.

Drafting and Enforcing Pre-nuptial Agreements

Diane is here to zealously advocate for your rights. Whether Diane is helping you enforce a divorce settlement, execute a postnuptial agreement or handle a contempt action, you can count on her for aggressive, detailed counsel and representation.

Contact Us

There are laws in Massachusetts to protect families as they navigate concerns after a divorce. Whether you want to modify your current plan to better fit your needs or you want to enforce your current plan, Diane can help you explore your rights and options. Contact our Quincy divorce lawyer, Diane Shields, and the rest of our family law team, today by calling 617-455-7090 to schedule a free initial consultation and have your situation assessed.

Diane Shields, Attorney at Law, is a Quincy, Massachusetts, law firm serving the South Shore, including Braintree, Milton, Randolph, Weymouth, Stoughton, Cohasset, Hingham, Rockland, Hanover, Mattapan, Dorchester, West Roxbury and surrounding communities of Norfolk County, Suffolk County, Plymouth County, Middlesex County, Barnstable County, Bristol County and Essex County. Attorney Diane M. Shields, Esq. | 21 Mayor Thomas J. McGrath Highway, Suite 501, Quincy, MA 02169 | Telephone: 617-773-5755 | Fax: 617-328-8504

Practicing Law in Quincy Massachusetts